Getting this error when trying to allow incoming Bluetooth connections?
Event ID: 7024
Description: “The Routing and Remote Access service terminated with service-specific error 2147483720 (0x80000048).”
- unplug your Bluetooth adapter
- go into Control Panel → Phone and Modem Options → Modems
- remove the “Communications cable between two computers” modem
- plug in the Bluetooth adapter and let Windows detect the hardware
- set up the “Communications cable” again.
Let me know if this works for you. You’ll know if it’s cured the problem because you’ll be able to manually start the “Routing and Remote Access” service. (Note that this is different from either the “Remote Access Auto Connection Manager” or “Remote Access Connection Manager” services!)
If you’re trying to connect a Palm to your PC using Bluetooth, this document might help you.