- @HSBC_UK This is a bit confusing... after choosing a nationality, the Continue button looks disabled! (Firefox 79,… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 month ago
- Neowise from Oxfordshire #NEOWISE #NeowiseComet https://t.co/aNrT8yNuPd 2 months ago
- Diamond roof to be replaced constructionenquirer.com/2020/06/01/lea… and planning application whitehorsedc.gov.uk/java/support/M… 2 months ago
- RT @hiddenEurope: Simone Hérault marks her 70th birthday today. We love her voice. For four decades, hers has been the voice so many assoc… 2 months ago
- 5% through the decade already... twitter.com/progress_decad… 2 months ago
Author Archives: Richard
Removing the hard disk from a VAIO VGN-FE31H is pretty easy. It’s located on the right hand side of the laptop, at the front (to the right of the touchpad).
I recently bought a Sony VAIO VGN-FE31H. It’s a pretty nice laptop, except for all the proprietary software that it comes with. The first thing I wanted to do was reinstall Windows XP from scratch. I hoped that I would … Continue reading
So you’ve installed Fedora Core 6, and the RealPlayer RPM from here. You go to Applications → Sound & Video → RealPlayer 10, and… nothing happens. Open up a terminal. Try to run RealPlayer from there. Chances are you’ll see … Continue reading
I’m sure that others have pointed this out elsewhere, but it’s easy to get the Firefox extension for del.icio.us working on Firefox 2.0. Download the extension (delicious.xpi) to your computer, and then: open it up with WinZip, 7-Zip or whatever … Continue reading
So, getting Apache and PHP to work on Windows XP and Windows Server 2003 was harder than it should have been… if you get this in your Apache error log: PHP Warning: PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library ‘D:/PHP/ext\\php_mysql.dll’ … Continue reading
Following on from my post a few weeks ago about the API for History Flow, I’ve made a plugin for accessing files in Subversion. You can download the plugin JAR file here, or get the source code (in the form … Continue reading
Until a few weeks ago my mail server (Postfix running on Fedora Core 5) was having difficulty keeping up with spam. I was finding lots of bounce errors in the mail log, like this one: Sep 23 12:32:15 fc5test postfix/local: … Continue reading
Today I attended Rod Johnson’s Spring 2.0 seminar in London. Rod spoke about the new features of Spring 2.0, which is scheduled for release at the end of September. Simplifying Spring seems to be one of the main goals of … Continue reading
On Saturday I climbed Cadair Berwyn and Cadair Bronwen for the WaterAid Corbett Challenge. There are some pictures here.